Saturday, June 6, 2009

My New Favorite Hobby?!

Dear Mom,

I know I haven't posted in a while. This is a happy place for me and Kim and Bonnie Jo. It's our place to share the fun events of our lives. Kim showcases her beautiful knitting and her own (!) knitting designs; Bonnie Jo shares her incredible knowledge of chickens, birds, insects and outdoor farm living. Kim and Bonnie Jo are interesting! I have been struggling lately. Worrying about our finances. David had to take a mandatory paycut at work; my hours at the yarn store were drastically reduced, both as a result of spring shoppers who would rather be spending money on flowers rather than on yarn (what?!?!) and my being home this summer with the kids. I have a huge photo job coming up at the end of the month and David has a job he loves so all will be fine. I just worry and I didn't/don't want it to carry over to the blog. But, Bonnie Jo was a big cheerleader to me yesterday (thank you so much!) and encouraged me to post some of the latest stuff.


So, last week, because the kids are still in school and I had time, I sewed 2 skirts! I am a huge fan of skirts and love to wear them all summer. I think they are more versatile than shorts and waaaaaay cuter! This is an Amy Butler pattern (the Barcelona skirt) and I used her fabric, too. For the almost non-sewer, the instructions are easy and understandable. And the skirts were a very quick sew. Also, I have lost 25 pounds so I got the added bonus of making SMALLER skirts!!!! I had to resew this skirt to fit and was surprised at how much smaller I needed to make it!!! Yipee!!!!! I think I have found a new favorite hobby (sorry, Kim)!!!!

I will keep you posted on my skirts! There are some funny school stories, too, that I can't wait to share with you!!

Thanks again, Bonnie Jo, for being my biggest cheerleader!

Love, Wendy

4 comments:

I'm gonna tell Mom! said...

Way cute. I love wearing skirts in the summer. And the winter, too, with boots. We must have been posting at the same time this morning!

Bonnie Jo said...

CONGRATULATIONS on the weight loss...how AWESOME!! YOU LOOK AWESOME! I can't wait to see you!
Love, Bonnie Jo

Unknown said...

Congrats!!! that is fabulous!!!!! I found your thank you note at the bottom of the 'pile' on my desk- sorry. Hope all is well, love ya, heidi

Lynette said...

Adorable! I may have more notions for you if you're interested. :)