Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Jazz Legend


Dear Mom,

There is a jazz legend in the making in our home! The teenager made the Jr. High Jazz Band! Of course, being the supportive cheerleader Mom that I am, my first reaction upon hearing the awesome news was, "Seriously?!" (It is fierce competiton to earn a spot in the jazz band and I didn't want the teenager to dash my hopes for him in an attempt to pretend like he didn't care about not making the jazz band!) The teenager answered in a rather deservedly impatient way, "Yes, Mom!" He has worked very hard learning the trombone, we have listened to many interesting noises and Keeper still hides under the bed when she sees the trombone coming downstairs for an impromptu concert! All of his hard work is paying off, though and I am so proud!
Love, Wendy

3 comments:

I'm gonna tell Mom! said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Love, Aunt Bonnie

Kim said...

Ski bop a didily! (That is congratulations in Jazz speak.)
Kim

Lynette said...

YEAH!!! Tell him "congrats" for me, please. (I don't know how to speak jazz... I was a pit and pep band nerd.)