Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Winter Eggs

Dear Mom,
Golda and Gloria have been laying one egg a day for me since Golda's egg debut on Christmas Eve! I didn't expect the girls to begin laying until spring, since Winter's short days and cold temperatures are not ideal for hens to begin producing. The girls proved me wrong! Marge is a bit behind the others, although I'm happy to report that she is showing signs of laying soon! Maybe she will deliver on Valentine's Day! Meg is conserving her energy; she is using it to keep all 22 ounces of herself warm. Perhaps her dainty, cream-colored eggs will arrive in time for Easter!
Love, Bonnie Jo

2 comments:

Chris Hampshire said...

I am fascinated by your knack with your hens. Have you read "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle: A Year of Food Life" by Barbara Kingsolver? I think you would love it.

pipersuz said...

Bonnie,

Thanks for letting me know about the blog you and your sisters have created! I look so forward to watching it on a regular basis and am sure that I will come away with it inspired to try something new!!

Suzy (Bonnie's Neighbor)