Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Summer Frieze

Dear Mom,
I put the finishing touches on a summer time variation of my Friezestyle knitting pattern. Knit with 100%  cotton, this one has short garter stitch sleeves. I added some decreases on top of the shoulders for a bit of shaping. And to give the top a little A-line flair, I've added garter stitch wedges to each side.
I am hoping to find some fabric and sew a pair of loose capris to wear with this top.


Universal Yarns Cotton Supreme DK

The weather today (and yesterday) is ideal. Sunny, breezy, crisp. Summer sweater weather!
Love,
Kim

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You are so talented - lovely color!

Reneelynn said...

that would be sooo cute white white capri's too!!

ElaineChicago said...

Great idea to decrease stitches in the shoulder area. I like the pattern in the body of the sweater + the wedges and the stripes on the sleeves.