Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Alpine Tweed



Dear Mom,
My Alpine Tweed sweater is finished and on display in the yarn shop. I knit this as a class sample AND for myself. I have the fabric to sew a dress to go with it, and the plan is to wear them to church on Easter.
Pattern: Alpine Tweed, designed by Jared Flood from this book.
Yarn: Berroco Vintage
Buttons: Shrinky Dinks, made by me! ( I traced portions of the flowers and leaves from my fabric onto my shrinky dinks for perfectly coordinated, unique buttons.)

I do believe the next sweater is gonna be another one for me(!) using some of my hand spun yarn. I do believe it will be a cardigan...... stay tuned.

Love,
Kim

3 comments:

NCmountainwoman said...

I love it...pattern and colors.

Anonymous said...

The button ingenuity...? You are too smart for your own good, Woman! They're lovely, as is the sweater.

You'll be howling the whole outfit, righ!

Mary Lee said...

Not howling! SHOWING!

-Clumsy