Saturday, January 30, 2010

How I've Learned You Can Never Say Never - OR - Is He Still My Hero?

Dear Mom,
You might think that after all those years working for the pedodontist- the years before I became a mother when I boldly stated on hundreds, perhaps even thousands of occasions, "My kids will NEVER do that!" that after becoming a mother and eating most of those bold statements, I would have learned to never say Never.
As in, "I will never have another puppy."

Except My Hero (is he still My Hero?) must not have been listening because he came home from work with this.


Yes, it is the classic Puppy in the Dark on the Side of a Busy Street Story. Found by someone who couldn't keep her (of course), given to someone in an apartment and at work all day (of course) and that journey brought her to our house.

To say that things are turned upside down is an understatement. We can't even decide on a name for her.

But she already has someone who loves her.

Love,
Kim

7 comments:

Bird said...

I think you should call her CLOVER, as the little patch of white on her chest looks a bit like a 3-leaf clover. What breed is she?

Bonnie Jo said...

Kim, she is YOUR dog now, right? I'm mean, really, WHO is going to take care of her?? So I think YOU should name her. I vote for "Judy"!!

Anonymous said...

She is so cute! I vote for Delta Dawn--so you'll have two names to yell at her when she misbehaves.

Anonymous said...

she looks like a Molly.

I'm gonna tell Mom! said...

I agree with Bonnie Jo--definitely a Huge Judy!!! :-)
She is so darling!!!
Love, Wendy

Anonymous said...

What does Bumper think? I like Judy alot.
Gina

Carol L. said...

I would love to see a picture of YOUR face when "puppy" walked in. Hero and Daughter look happy and Puppy looks well loved. You're a special mommie for them all. Lucky Dog.