Monday, January 18, 2010

more pretty stuff

Dear Mom,
I lost track of most of an evening spinning about half of the roving that Dianne sent to me.
This may be the prettiest stuff yet.


I draped it on the back of a dining room chair and spent some time admiring it yesterday while I knitted on a sweater. I am collecting pretty scarf and shawl patterns now- small projects and simple patterns that will show off the yarn.
Thanks to some Pacers basketball tickets and the Colts game over the weekend, I am ahead of the sock schedule. With the damp, grey weather, I just wish I could stay ahead of the mud.
Love,
Kim

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Kim, that is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Amazing!

When we lived in Midwest, I got so tired of towels by the back door, so you have my sympathies. Dog boots did help though! (We had a dog with HUGE feet!) Does Bumper Joseph have a boot wardrobe? :)

Dianne MacDonald said...

Your spinning looks lovely. You have made amazing progress for a new spinner. (I told you it was addictive!)