Thursday, September 10, 2009

The BEST Salsa....ever!

Dear Mom,
Last summer, I tasted the best salsa ever...at Wendy's house. Of course, it was her salsa recipe. All of my best recipes come from Wendy. In fact, if I need a recipe, I call Wendy because she always has somethin' good! So this summer, I made the salsa with tomatoes, green pepper and garlic from my own garden and jalapeno peppers and onions from the farmers market. I wanted to pass the goodness along, so I shared a small jar of the salsa with my neighbor. I wasn't surprised when she complimented the wonderful flavor and asked for the recipe!
Wendy's Salsa
3 fresh tomatoes, chopped
1 sweet onion, chopped fine
1 green pepper, chopped
1 Tbsp. lime juice
1 tsp. olive oil
1 tsp. cumin
1/4 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. chili powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder (or 2-3 cloves fresh garlic)
1 jalapeno pepper (use pickled if fresh is not available)
1 Tbsp. jalapeno juice (from pickled jalapenos)
Chop all together. Adjust quantities to taste (if a stronger or milder flavor is desired).
Wendy gave me permission to share it with the world, and I am proud to do so. Oh, and by the way, Kim's Tomato Basil Cheese Pie was...EXCELLENT, and is another special recipe I will be making every summer!
Love, Bonnie Jo

3 comments:

I'm gonna tell Mom! said...

You're so nice!

Kim said...

I'm glad you like the tomato cheese pie!
kim

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing, Bonnie!!! Not only the awesome fresh salsa... but also the fabulous recipe :) ~ Suzy