Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Boots


Dear Mom,
Last weekend, Wendy's Pipsqueak proudly showed us her cowboy boots. With the jingle bell socks I gave her which apparently drive Wendy around the bend. But whatever. It isn't like I gave her tight hip-hugging sparkly Britney Spears jeans or anything.
Pipsqueak was working it in those boots.
For a few weeks I've been wanting, and keeping my eye on a pair of suede boots in the clearance section of the DSW, hoping that I can snag them when they get marked down another 10%. Pipsqueak's boots turned that WANT into NEED. Need quickly began escalating to PANIC. What if they aren't there any more? What if I have lost them for.ev.er. in my desire to save another 8 bucks or something? When will I learn?
At first opportunity I got myself into that DSW, and as GinaWhoCanParallelPark told me, the fact that they were still there AND marked down to 50% off(!!!) was a sign from God that I was supposed to have those boots.


And they are MINE.
I won't be wearing jingle bell socks, but Pipsqueak can teach me how to Work It in these boots.
And p.s. - taking a picture of your new boots on your own leg is kinda hard.
Love,
Kim

No comments: