Thursday, July 9, 2009

Books

Dear Mom,
For the first time since "summer vacation" started, I feel like I am caught up. Sort of. This week I managed to get through my scheduled home maintenance routine, and I am certainly not saying that everything that needs doing is done, but everything that needs doing on a weekly basis is. That feels good.


While I've been catching up (and mostly what has helped me to do so), I have had the pleasure of listening to some good books.


Jeffrey Archer may be a new favorite author of mine. He is an excellent story teller. Not too long ago, I wrote here after listening to his Paths of Glory , and this afternoon I finished listening to my second Jeffrey Archer book, A Prisoner of Birth.

It is a well written, smart story of love and friendship, revenge and loyalty with interesting characters. I will definitely be reading or listening to more Jeffrey Archer.

I also started listening to The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society.

I may only be about halfway through this one, but I am enchanted by this story so far.

The story is told in the form of letters written among the characters just after WWII, in London and the Guernsey Island. I am captivated, curious and don't want to stop listening! I have the feeling this may be one of those stories that I won't want to end. It also may be one that needs to reside on my book shelves rather than in digital form on my ipod.

Love,

Kim

No comments: