Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Winter Wonderland






Dear Mom,

We had 1.5" of ice overnight and another 5 inches of snow this morning. We are under a Level 3 snow emergency which means we aren't allowed to go anywhere unless absolutely necessary. Of course, David went to work. He got there without any problems, almost in record time; probably because he was the only person driving this morning!


There was much sleeping in (me!), staying in our pjs much longer than should be allowed (me!), sledding (the kids!), snowboarding (the kids!) and shoveling (me.). The Game Cube has been pulled out and the girls made Baked Snowflakes.




















Keeper and I snuggled, I burned the frozen pizza for the kids because I was trading emails with you, Aunt Chris, Aunt Karen, Bonnie and Kim but I did manage to feed everyone an unburned lunch, finish an arm on my neck-down sweater, handwash our breakfast dishes and throw snowpants and coats in the dryer.

























Hope you enjoy your snowed in day, too. Don't do too much vacuuming and ironing!
Love, Wendy

3 comments:

brooke t. higgins said...

So productive on a snow day! I'm so proud of you. I wanted to stay in my jammies today, but I had to brave the roads and go make sure we had the right number of parts in the bins. Phew! Important stuff... ;)
I LOVE that picture of Keeper... she SO wants to pee in the snow!

I'm gonna tell Mom! said...

What a sweet picture of the girls!
Love, Kim

Anonymous said...

I just love this whole blog. I am sitting here at the desk, at work,teary-eyed.....I'd have loved to be able to do something like this for my mom. You ladies - all of you - are great. Thanks for sharing with people outside your family who instantly feel like they belong! Audrey K